Terms and Conditions
MANDARIN 1 (A WHOLLY OWNED ENTITY OF CREATIVE GLOBAL LIMITED)
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY. IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CONTRACT WITH MANDARIN 1.
Contract with Mandarin 1
1. The purpose of these Terms and Conditions is to set out the contractual basis for your relationship with Mandarin 1, and to draw your attention to key terms.
2. Your contract with Mandarin 1 is made up of:
a. these Terms and Conditions,
b. the course description on the course web page which is available through http://www.mandarin1.com (you should consider printing a copy of this page as a record of the information provided),
c. the confirmation of your registration and payment at Mandarin 1
3. You will enter into this contract with Mandarin 1 even if your fees are paid by a third party on your behalf.
4. By paying your fees you agree to comply with our Statutes and Regulations as amended from time to time and with the Statements and Codes of Policy, Practice and Procedure which are made under them. These include our Code of Discipline, and other regulations concerning your studies, conduct and behaviour including regulations relating to harassment, the use of IT facilities, health and safety issues and legislative requirements such as data protection.
5. You may be removed or suspended from the course if Mandarin 1 considers that you are in breach of any of these rules including the Code of Discipline.
6. Regular attendance is vital in order to make progress with your course and your tutor must be notified of any absence from your class, preferably by email.
Fees and Payment
7. Details of the fees and charges you will have to pay are set out on the course web page, mandarin1.com
8. Payment is in full via cheque or bank transfer
9. It is your responsibility to ensure that the fees for the course are paid before the first day of the course, or any earlier deadline which is notified to you.
10. If your fees are to be paid by a third party which informs Mandarin 1 that it accepts full liability for your fees, then we will invoice the third party directly and will seek to recover any unpaid fees from the third party in the first instance. However, Mandarin 1 reserves the right to seek payment from you if recovery from the third party is unsuccessful.
11. Mandarin 1 reserves the right to refuse you admission to your course if you have not paid all course fees.
12. All payments must be in HKD. You must pay any currency conversion costs or other charges incurred in making the payment or in processing a refund.
Cancellations and refunds
13. You have the right to cancel your contract at any time within 7 days of payment date for a 50% refund of course fees only, excluding materials and annual member fee. 0% refund is payable after 7 days from payment date.
14. To cancel within 7 days please inform us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. A lesson will be forfeited and charged for no-show unless cancellation is made by writing to email@example.com no less than 24 hours before it is due to commence.
16. If you fail to attend lessons within the allotted period from payment date, or fail to notify Mandarin 1 of a valid reason, you will have forfeited your outstanding lessons.
17. Any extensions, upon expiry of a course plan, will be subject to a $500 administrative fee.
18. If you believe you have exceptional circumstances and wish to extend lessons beyond 6 months, please write to us as early as possible by email to . Please explain the exceptional circumstances behind your request, details of the course you wish to cancel and your receipt number.
19. Mandarin 1's liability when it cancels a course will be limited to a refund of any fees or charges paid for the cancelled course. For partial cancellation of a course, such refunds will be made on a proportionate basis.
Changes to Courses
20. Mandarin 1 will seek to deliver each course in accordance with the description set out on the course.
21. However, there may be situations in which it is desirable or necessary for Mandarin 1 to make changes in course provision, either before or after enrolment. Mandarin 1 therefore reserves the right to:
a. make reasonable changes to the timetable, location or tutor(s) specified for a course, including where otherwise unavoidable the cancellation of limited classes; and
b. make reasonable changes to the content and syllabus of a course.
22. Mandarin 1 will collect and use your information about you in accordance with HK law, ensuring that your data will only be used in a way which is fair, lawful and secure.
23. Your contract with Mandarin 1 and any dispute arising from it (including non-contractual disputes) shall be governed by the laws of Hong Kong.
Updated: 28 June 2019